Students in the College of Letters & Science may complete one or more minors of their choice, normally in a field both academically and administratively distinct from their major. To be admitted to the minor in Gender and Women’s Studies, students must complete GWS 10 or 20 and five upper division courses.
- A total of six (6) courses are required for the minor.
- All courses must be completed on a letter-graded basis.
- No more than one course can be used to satisfy both the minor and major requirements.
- All courses to satisfy the minor must be taken in the Gender and Women’s Studies Department.
- Students must achieve at least a C average (2.0) in the upper division courses to satisfy the minor.
- Students must complete the GWS Minor Worksheet once they have decided to minor in the program.
- After fulfilling ALL course requirements for the minor, students must complete a Completion of L&S Minor form and submit it to the GWS Undergraduate Adviser in 608 Barrows.
Courses for the Minor Lower Division Requirements
- 10, Introduction to Gender and Women’s Studies OR
- 20, Introduction to Feminist Theory
Upper Division Requirements:
Minors in Gender and Women’s Studies must complete one upper division course from the following core courses:
- 101, Doing Feminist Research
- 102, Transnational Feminisms
For details on how to declare the minor click here
For a full list of GWS courses visit the courses page